View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 08:12 AM   #3
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
Calibre not only has to move the data, depending on your settings calibre also has to explode/unzip the books an examine the contents. And perhaps convert and zip again. And it has to do this in a way that ensures that the calibre library doesn't loose data.

Calibre sometimes automatically does a lot of very heavy lifting, depending on the preferences set.

It is without any doubt the most demanding program I have installed on my computer, perhaps with the exception of Handbrake for video conversion. But Handbrake doesn't put a load on the I/O like calibre does, mainly cpu.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote