View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 04:21 PM   #1
Alec Ford
Alec Ford began at the beginning.

Device: none
Problem with links in output converting pdf to epub

I have a problem with links generating epub from pdf. I’m a complete newbie to all this not even owning any ebooks or a reader but I was writing some stuff and thought it would be nice to make the result available in some ebook format as well as pdf.

I downloaded the latest version a couple of days ago. I generate my pdf as output from Word Perfect, not common I know but I’ve used it for years and like it. Calibre seems to process the pdf I generate just fine picking up the chapters and links into an outline with several levels just fine. The problem is that the links in the contents and outline don’t work, they just go to the top of the text in the document. I read in the documentation that pdf doesn’t support chapters and links but took that to mean interpreting the input.

So what is the problem? Does the documentation mean the output? Or am I missing something simple? Or dare I suggest a bug? I tried with word and docx and html and pdf output from it and haven’t got the input interpreting as well as my pdf from word perfect. I could try open office also but what I’ve done so far seems almost there.

Any help appreciated
Alec Ford is offline   Reply With Quote