View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 08:35 PM   #11
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekster View Post
While I prefer scifi and fantasy the most, any fiction is good as I'm not picky about genres.
I'm more interested in books or stories with conflicts where good doesn't exactly win, where there are heavy consequences for winning, or where there isn't a clear 'good vs evil' conflict, but more of one side vs another, both right in their own way. A complete absence of good and evil (in the tradition sense, like Lord of the Rings) is a bonus
You want dark?
Nasty characters? No clearcut good guys and bad guys?
Oh-kaay.
Tom Kratman's CALIPHATE is one dark and nasty cautionary tale.
http://www.baenebooks.com/chapters/1...1416555455.htm

Saberhagen's EMPIRE OF THE EAST might also meet your specs.

S.M. Stirling's DRAKAS series. MARCHING THROUGH GEORGIA. (White supremacist slaver versus Nazis. 'Nuff said!)

For a kinder gentler racist society, Stirling's CONQUISTADOR. (When the KKK-types are the good guys, the bad guys...)
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote