View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 11:39 AM   #48
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Another thing that bugs me about the 7 inch tablets, and many other sized tablets too, is that they tend to use an awkward widescreen in 16 x 9 or 16 x 10 configuration. I like widescreens on large computer monitors, but on a small device it is awkward, especially for reading books and web browsing. Reading in portrait in widescreen looks like a really narrow page. Reading in landscape in widescreen looks like a really short page. I really think the 4 x 3 screen configuration is more natural for reading books and web browsing. The only reason to have 16 x 9 is for videos, but why make all others apps suffer because of that?
If you're used to reading hardcovers and tech books I'd say yes 4:3 is probably a more "natural" ratio, but I don't think 16:9 is that far off from the aspect ratio of most mass market paperbacks is it?

As for web browsing doing it on a 10" tablet is more comfortable, but it's not that bad on a 7" screen at least for me (browsers set to desktop). Of course I only browse for brief periods on a tablet, might feel different if I was browsing for hours and hours at a time.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote