View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 01:08 AM   #36
Merischino
Groupie
Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Pixel 2, Kindle Fire HD 8
I managed to install several alternate markets (Gerhard, 1mobile, Soc.io mall, others recommended on the apps thread) without having to root the fire. They work, i have access to thousands of free apps i can easily uninstall if they don't work properly, and the really great thing is 1mobile sends you the automatic update notifications for all your sideloaded apps.

I literally haven't found a need to root it. I have spent no less time in man hours on customizing my experience this first week than i did/do every time i update my ios on my Iphone, but the really FABULOUS thing is not having to rip apart the fabric of the os just to have some access to needs/choices the stock os has not addressed yet. Its basically given me the option to exercise my right to "vote" on what i think amazon should address in their update spanning process.
Merischino is offline   Reply With Quote