View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 03:32 PM   #8
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghaworth View Post
Yes, and I found your answer in another thread, much older, as well. I'm not very good with either of the options in your answer. It's a lot like reading Latin for me at this point. I think I will have to limp along in Calibre at this point unless I learn Latin. Thanks again.
Duplicates were very annoying to me. That "much older" thread preceded the Merge function, which I wrote so I could merge them once I found them.

It also preceded the autosort/automerge function I wrote to avoid creating duplicates in the first place. Note that the autosort/automerge function is located in Preferences|Add/Save|"If books with similar authors and titles found, merge automatically" and it's off by default. That means you will often create duplicates if you add two different formats for the same book. You may want to turn it on to prevent them from being formed in the first place. I seldom see them any more.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote