View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 10:26 AM   #269
Philz
Philz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Ditto.

My replacement looks almost just like yours with that big blob of shadow covering most of the upper 2/3. I think I've got a bit more pink though with an especially big (thumb sized) blob in the lower left. I can still read on it, but it tires out my eyes and I'm having to read much more slowly because of the effect the shadows have.
Actually the green is how it should be. Mine is white once you get the lighting up (I rather like it low so it shows green). The E-Ink screens are actually slightly green in color (Use adobe Lightroom and WB adjuster to see the inherent hue). Same for my kindle keyboard. If the light is to light up the screen in a front light manner it will also make that hue stronger, till it overpowers it.

My only complaint at this point is my replacements lower right led seems to leak out compared to everything else. A bit of fatigue reading with the lights out at night. Might get used to it, might not but holding on to this one for now. I'll look into taking a picture later.
Philz is offline   Reply With Quote