Thread: MobileRead June 2012 Run-Off Vote
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 12:31 PM   #16
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Oh my gosh, I can't believe I made it back in time for the run-off! I decided to read the threads one by one, and just read the first round voting and was surprised that War of the Worlds didn't make it. Thank goodness! I wouldn't mind reading it, but it was pretty much last of what I would've liked to have read from the nominations and we just read Wells not too long ago (and I was thinking it had a good chance to win).

Anyway, then I opened this thread expecting to find a winner already determined, but the poll is still running, so yay. Of the two that made it, I'm definitely supporting Ivanhoe. I'd love to try it, and I've never been a big fan of Austen. At least Persuasion is one I haven't read though, if it should win. But my vote is for Ivanhoe.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote