View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 10:43 PM   #26
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by megacoupe View Post
If neither produces an output in minicom when the DXG is rebooted... what to do?
Well, we could question if that J23 is really the serial port.

Maybe find some other reference on the 'net to confirm or refute the information in the article you are referencing.
(slim to no chance that it is wrong though)

I have not yet seen your post where you gave either the Make/Model of that adapter device or a link to the product page.
Without that, I can't access the technical details of that adapter device.

So the question about "did it damage the SoC port" will have to remain unanswered.

Also, that port is low voltage (1.8v) CMOS - easy to damage just from static electricity transfered by touching the contacts.

Translation: Keep open the idea that it has to be sent back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by megacoupe View Post
I don't know if it's relevant, but instead of cutting up the wires that came in the package with the adapter (they were very short), I simply ripped some out from an old computer case. That wouldn't be preventing an output from showing up in minicom, correct? After all, crossing the Rx and Tx wires and typing on the keyboard produced letters in minicom...
Correct - that shows the setup is working down to the wire ends.

Your other photo documentation shows that part of the setup should be correct.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote