Thread: MobileRead Discussion/Suggestion Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 07:27 AM   #132
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookatarian View Post
Just saw this and I know that it is an old discussion, but just as a heads up, there is no way to track Overdrive availability of a particular eBook in libraries.

Libraries purchase rights to eBooks through Overdrive, but do not have access to the entire database. Different libraries will have different books based on their selection process, budget, etc. While Overdrive may offer the book, it will not necessarily be purchased by local libraries, therefore impossible to track availability, even if our awesome WT Sharpe were able to try.

Naming particular libraries will not help as we are all from different parts of the world and unlikely to have access to the named library's Overdrive collection.

Wow...sorry to go on so long. Guess my library's Overdrive collection not having this month's selection frustrated me more than I thought. Especially since they do have the sequel...oh well....
And to play devil's advocate...

Then why are links to book stores included? This is an international forum, just because a book is available in one country, doesn't mean that it is available in all countries.

Giving the link to overdrive is just a nudge that reminds people that the ebook may be available to their libraries. If people are using their elibraries, they are probably aware of their limitations, and are probably aware of whether it is worth while to pursue requesting the ebook.

Anyway, since WTSharpe says this isn't going to happen, the point is moot.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote