View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 10:39 PM   #53
Joeldmtl
Connoisseur
Joeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo Touch
My GF and I both have Kobo Touches and love them. Lately I've been wanting to get a back lit e-reader, and being a Kobo fan I've looked at the Glo and Aura. Although I like Kobo's functionality, I haven't been that impressed with the quality of their back-lighting to date especially compared to the Kindle PW2. I find the PW2's back-lighting to be amazing. The back ground is pure white and the text is pure and sharp black. I wish Kobo 6” models had a display like that.

That been said, I'm not in hurry to get a back lit ereader and, as I've said above, I very much like Kobo's functionality (I'm sure Kindle's is very good too, but I don't want to take a chance given that I'm already very satisfied with Kobo's functionality) - and we live in Canada - so I'd like to stick with Kobo.

So I guess what I'm saying is that I'll just have to wait until Kobo's next generation of back lit ereaders to see if they've improved their display to the level of the PW2.

Am I imagining that the Kindle PW2 display is much better than the current Kobo Glo or Aura (be they blue or yellow or whatever)?
Joeldmtl is offline   Reply With Quote