View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 01:01 PM   #13
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Nice cnet video ... much more complete than the engadget one. Thanks!

The software seems well thought out and responsive ... I'm in no hurry to switch to touch screen (I really like the page turn buttons on a Kindle 3, and cope very well with the Kobo 5-way button) ... but I think I would adjust easily.

This appears to be the identical touch technology Sony has in the PRS-650 which sells for $249 in Canada. It's no surprise Sony has been rethinking its e-reader strategy and inventory -- the only model actually available in Canada is the PRS-350 -- touch screen 5" pearl for $199. Unless Sony changes course, Kobo is going to eat their lunch.

As the world shifts toward more colour e-readers -- it seems the next Kindle will qualify and be available this fall -- Kobo remains competitive among the b&w hard core readers here the pearl e-ink screen is king. (I also notice in the video that Georgia font is a choice -- the same as the Kindle I believe -- and an easier to read font than Times Roman. Just an other example of Kobo designers continuing to tweak every aspect of the design.)
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote