View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 05:23 PM   #1
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
Interview with Wizpac, creators of the txtr at Leipzig Book Fair

Dear Mobileread.com members,

I have exciting news for you today! We were invited to do an Interview with representatives from German ebook startup Wizpac about their new eink based reading device, the txtr (www.txtr.com).
The interview was done today, live at the Leipzig Book Fair and I've got it all on video. The original material is HD 720p .mov which we unfortunately can't upload to the server without compression, so you will have to make do with Youtube HQ. I'll try my very best to preserve as much quaility as I can.

In addition to the interview we have a little bit of footage from the device in action, however, the two devices on display in Leipzig were early prototypes so you really only get a short glimpse. The information in the interview should be enough to keep you happy for a while though...
To round things off I took a few snapshots of the txtr in comparison to my STAReBOOK and iRex iLiad.
When I first saw the device I thought it's a 5" screen, but it's actually 6" just like the Cybook and Sony Reader. It looks smaller because the shape of the "frame" is different. Very interesting effect.

I'm uploading this in stages, the short demonstration clip and the photos first, the long interview video (approx. 20 minutes) will be up a little later.
Leave comments and ask questions, the guys from Wizpac are keeping an eye on this forum and anything you have to say might help them make the device even better...and might give us another excellent eink device to spend our hard-earned money on!

Pageturning Video

Video on Youtube in HD quality.

Interview Part 1 (thanks to Moejoe/typewriterhead for the conversion!)

Interview Part 2 (thanks to Moejoe/typewriterhead for the conversion!)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG2338.jpg
Views:	1211
Size:	345.3 KB
ID:	25579   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG2339.jpg
Views:	1105
Size:	378.0 KB
ID:	25580   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG2340.jpg