View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 04:24 PM   #53
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theinfamousj View Post
Facebook has a phone number associated with me. I just cannot say that it is /my/ phone number. But nearly a decade ago, there was no option to leave that field blank. So, if you ever want information's 1-800 number (800-555-1212), my profile is a good place to look for that.
Well, you can put a false number down pretty easy now.

On MySpace, back in the day, when they used the cell phone number you gave to verify you by the old (sign/countersign) method, I know people that would borrow a cell phone (sometimes without permission) to do the job. The real owner never knew or perhaps didn't care, and then I "heard" of people who briefly got a cell phone activated and did the same thing.

(A cheap throwaway would do the job.)

Granted there were usually commercial reasons for going to this trouble.

I personally have one FB account with my real name that is pretty locked down, and would certainly fall under the category of "no comment" and "neither deny or confirm" but it can be used to contact me. However, no real phone number. The email is one of many I have to separate out different kinds of contacts. If it becomes over spammed, I will abandon it.

I have several that I can use to look around with.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote