View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 02:29 PM   #73
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by quantamix View Post
Thank you Nick. I'm so grateful for your software! You made it possible for me to keep my kindle because I was ready to throw it in the garbage after disappointing experience with amazon pdf conversion service and mobireaderpublisher results. The converted ebooks are so small and so light that it's not readable at all.

For PDF ebooks from scanned books.
Here's my settings for my Kindle:
Iliad profile
Layout: Landscape -third
Unpaper: -v
Rotation: Right
Dilation DPI:250
Cropping%:2.0
Colorspace:Gray
Color:4
EdgeLevel: 5
Size: H=520 V=640
Optimize PNGs

Any suggestions? on how to improve the output? I wish I can read the scanned pdf portrait with the text and graphics still big enough to read.
Thanks!

I usually resort to 'Landscape-half' as my preferred layout mode, but if I can get it to work in 'Portrait-full', then I go that route.

If by "improve the output" you mean file size, then for sure using the gray colorspace and reduced number of colors helps keep the file size down. And so should 'Optimized .PNGs'.

If you mean image legibility, then increase the edge level by one or two for sharper text, or increase the DPI for less dilation/blurring of the text or a combination thereof.

Experiment but remember when doing so to limited the page range 'Pages: __ to: __' or you could be wasting a lot of time when things don't work out!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote