View Single Post
Old 08-04-2005, 09:48 PM   #3
StuBear
StuBear began at the beginning.

Device: Zaurus SL-C1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker
Apple may not be implementing the checks in the OS, but the hardware they are using, certainly provides that functionality.

Apple isn't exactly in a position to tell Intel to remove the DRM/TCP functions and keyspace from the LaGrande chipset. If they wanted to turn it on in a later OS update, they certainly could begin to do so.
That's my biggest fear about DRM - not the fact that they are restricting what I can do with my content (although that upsets me greatly too), but the quiet disregard and acceptance from the majority of users - especially Apple users - of the dangers of DRM after the market is saturated with these devices.

That is when the real restrictions will be turned on by the pigopolists and they will have the family-jewels-in-a-vice hold over people that have accepted DRM devices.

Is anyone else have concerns over things like Adobe/Adobe reader 7's funtions that allow the owner of the original pdf to further restrict your access to a pdf after you have purchased it? It bothers me that so many people are playing this as a benefit for the end user.

Stu
StuBear is offline   Reply With Quote