View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 09:27 PM   #5
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
WiFi in Sleep Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
How do you set WiFi to stay on all the time? Or do you mean whenever it's in use? With mine, if it goes to sleep for more than a few seconds WiFi shuts off on its own.
When one goes into Sleep Mode, the WiFi goes inactive but it is not shut down. It draws very little power but will accept firmware upgrades, app upgrade notices and syncing of books.

It draws very little power doing this so it is not necessary to turn it off.

When in Wake Mode, WiFi draws almost as much power as the Screen. However, I've made the judgement for myself that I will keep it open all the time to avoid those problems you've described and which I experienced as well.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote