View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 04:08 AM   #1
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
Work around for Calibre

Reading some postings in another thread states that Calibre doesn't recognize the Vox as an external USB drive. So I got to thinking. I uploaded some EPUB files using Calibre into an SD Micro card loaded into my Kobo Touch.

Once the Kobo Touch finished the processing I popped the SD card into the Vox, got into the library and found an import button. Which happily imported the books.

(Side note, I'd like to sort my books by author but haven't figured that out. Not a big deal as if it's not there now I'm sure it will be soon.)

I also recall reading that you can, somehow, copy your Epub files onto a micro SD card directly from a PC and then the Kobo will recognize those. But I don't recall the details if they had to be in a folder or the root of the micro SD card was good enough.

Anyhow this opens up some relatively easy methods of importing books. Not quite as simple as the Touch but not onerous either.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote