View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 08:47 AM   #1
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Metadata deleted in Sigil

Hi,

I've been playing around with setting metadata. I noticed Sigil has a list of Basic Properties and a pretty extensive list of Roles...but it doesn't have the ability to define the Series Name or Series Number.

I have looked around and found that you can use Calibre_Series and Calibre_Series_Index...and have successfully set this data using ePubMetadataEditor. The problem is that if, after setting this data, I re-open the epub in Sigil it will DELETE any metadata that is not on it's list.

From what I understand there is not a "spec" for epub metadata - other than the minimum Author, Title, Language - so I'm not sure why Sigil would bother deleting extra tags?

I was wondering if anyone knows how to prevent Sigil from deleting the data, or if there is a way to get Sigil to put the data there in the first place??

Cheers!
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote