View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013, 11:39 AM   #6
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
Wrong sub-forum to argue the details of that sentence, but in this particular study I have difficulty thinking that they have really proved anything substantial. I have my doubts whether a short term(?) study based on excerpts says anything much, except how it is possible to provide short term training to achieve particular results. The results possibly say more about the skills of the researchers to pull out excerpts they need, than it does about the effects of reading different types of literature.
You're free to believe whatever you want.

Regardless of that it was a Scientific Study peer reviewed and published in "Science" magazine one of the top two most highly respected scientific journals in the world.
Here's the link to the abstract: http://www.sciencemag.org/content/ea...39918.abstract

and if you doubt the truth of that sentence then you don't have a clue about what science does.

P.S. I did just notice/fix a typo up there go/of ...

"All scientific studies following the scientific method of looking for particular results to either uphold the hypothesis or reject it."

Last edited by kennyc; 10-05-2013 at 11:56 AM.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote