View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 03:28 PM   #15
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by joehunt View Post
You neglected to mention that if you no longer have the credit card used to purchase the book you cannot access it. I've lost the ability to access several ebooks due to changing credit cards.

I will never again purchase a book with DRM tied into my credit card info. Thankfully with Amazon I only need my email address.
Sometimes credit cards are useful though not as part of a "cipher."

Once I had subscribed to an internet service. I lost the index card the info was on. I got on the phone with the service for some reason and they wanted the info. I said. "don't got"
They said what are your secret questions and birthday. I said I don't use the real answers because they can be guessed by others.
The dude says "well you are out of luck until you find that info because that is what we use to verify who you are"
I said Hey I am paying for this service or at least I was.
The dude pauses says wait a minute Sir I will check with my manager.
Comes back. asks what credit card did you use to subscribe. Luckily I generally use only one card on line and I gave it to him. I was "in like Flynt."

They gave me a new password, etc.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote