View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 03:46 PM   #6
Alex Bleach
Enthusiast
Alex Bleach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alex Bleach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alex Bleach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alex Bleach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alex Bleach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alex Bleach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alex Bleach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alex Bleach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alex Bleach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alex Bleach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alex Bleach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC - PDF & Kindle Desktop
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinC View Post
If you're telling the story through the eyes of your characters, you might try setting your remembered sequences apart by having them in the present tense. It sounds counter-intuitive, but this can make them vivid and memory-like.

Or you could trust the reader to keep up. They're pretty smart.
This is what I do. I also link characters in with it. To be honest I don't think there is a rule to writing flashbacks as long as it makes sense to the reader and the formatting makes it readable on all eBook devices.
Alex Bleach is offline   Reply With Quote