View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 04:09 PM   #45
Breid
Zealot
Breid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really nice

Device: Kobo Aura HD; Kobo Glo; KPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breid View Post
There is no facility on the Kobo to lend books to a friend. Apprentice Alf has been my friend in allowing me to set my books free, and I have emailed some to my sister and she is happily reading them on her Sony PRS 650
I am mortified....I never thought about the fact that I was creating a second unauthorised copy of the books that I sent to my sister. Because I had paid for the original copies, I thought it was ok. Thankfully I only sent her a few books, which she has read and deleted (at my request!).
I keep a DRM-free copy of all books that I purchase so that I will have access to them in future if the original vendor goes out of business or if I should decide to change to a non-epub ecosystem.

Since I cannot lend my books unless I am prepared to lend my spare ereader, I hope Kobo will implement e-lending soon.

Last edited by Breid; 10-16-2012 at 04:10 PM. Reason: typo
Breid is offline   Reply With Quote