View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 10:54 AM   #1
Foothills
Foothills began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 2
Image Size Control In Reader odt >> ePub

I'm generating ePub files from .odt source using calibre 0.8.65 and OpenOffice 3.4.0 on a MacBook Pro with OS X 10.7.

I'm having problems controlling the visual size of the images in the resulting ePub files as they display in the reader. The image source files are fairly large (nominally 1600x1200 or 1200x1600 at 200 DPI) but after inserting in the .odt I reduce the display size to fit the text flow by dragging the corners appropriately. I'm then able to double-tap on the more-or-less thumbnail images in the resulting ePub on my iPad 2 and view the full size original - pinch, stretch, and pan all work fine.

The problem is that certain files (particularly ones in portrait orientation) don't seem to retain the smaller desired display size in the reader and force page breaks where I don't want/need them to be. Even if I crank the image all the way down to a postage stamp in the .odt they still expand to fill the complete page in the reader.

Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong (especially as it all works correctly for 75% of the 40 images done this way)?

Thanks in advance ...
Foothills is offline   Reply With Quote