View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 05:34 PM   #57
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullcircle View Post
I can't for the life of me get sideloaded books to sync to last page on thew new ipad 4.1, iphone 4S 5.0 and K2.

I used Calibre and edited the metadata and then reconverted the book with [EBOK] tag. I put the book on my K2 via USB and then tested the sync with K4PC and it seemed to work as far as syncing goes.

But I am not able to get it working on the new iPad and iphone 4S. The kindle version on the Ipad is 3.01 and 3.0 on the iphone 4S. According to your post (which I am likely misunderstanding), you mention you can use the personal document service to deliver the modified MOBI file to the ipad and iphone. I have tried emailing it via the kindle email address as well as the kindle windows utility. I also tried to sideload the ipad and iphone with iexplorer but I dont see the directory to place them in (all I can kind in the Apps directory is com.Amazon.Lassen) and when I try to access that or any directory iexplorer gives me the error "This iOS device appears to have reached its limit of connecting to 5 app directories for this session..." which makes me think the free iexplorer is trial/feature limited.

I have also tried modifying the ASIN with mobi2mobi and repeating the above and that didnt seem to help. Also tried deleting all the files from the my kindle library on the web and on the devices to start fresh and it doesnt seem to help.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
If you are modifying the ASIN with mobi2mobi, don't convert in Calibre after you have modified. I have found Calibre will put in a different ASIN when it converts.

Use DiskAid to sideload. I had no luck with iExplorer. In DiskAid, from the file menu, go to DiskAid\Preferences\Advanced, and put a check by 'show root path for apps'.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote