Thread: Time Column
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 11:19 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by transmitthis View Post
I'm wondering what the options are when making a custom column for "Time"

Ideally it would be like the Date selector, where a calendar is available to quick select, but I imagine that's not possible for time.

So is there a nice way to display and/or enter time in a column

I have been looking at the python number formatting strings, but its too full of unfamiliar terms for me to understand.

usage will mostly be for small time increments below 4 hours and probably consisting of lots of mins. ie 1h 30min, 45min, 1h 15min, that kind of thing, if it makes a difference.

I did notice that the up/down arrows seem only to change whole integers, wondering if that is set or can be changed... anyway if anyone has any thoughts on time entry please let me know.
I use a custom daytime column that (automatically) gets a 'Set to Today' (Really 'NOW') that updates the value to the second (Sorting order is the clue, even though you can't see the time)

Look in the (save to disk) template editor: format_modtimes for code clues
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote