View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 10:42 AM   #9
DSpider
Evangelist
DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2 2014
I guess it's good enough for OCR-ing. But then again, so is a 3.0 megapixel camera from a mobile phone bought in 2008...

Some feedback on your little project: That proof reading screenshot is very close to the one in ABBYY FineReader 10, except it's reversed. Probably because you spend more time looking at the OCR result instead of the image and only check the image if something doesn't sound right or is underlined (I hope you're working on a dictionary too, btw)... Having it at the top means less strain for the eyes too. In any office situation it's best to have the centre of the screen bellow your horizontal line of sight. ABBYY did their research.

Go to http://www.diybookscanner.org/forum and announce the project there (they have a dedicated "Software" section, this forum seems limited to Calibre, Sigil, Writer2ePub, etc), here, on your Facebook page, etc. It can help tremendously with motivation. I know this from working out. When you announce something to the world, you're bound to have it done. Maybe you don't wanna be seen as foolish, maybe you wanna be seen (by a potential employer, perhaps) as someone who completes projects, who gets things done and is passionate about something.
DSpider is offline   Reply With Quote