View Single Post
Old 01-05-2008, 08:46 PM   #2
RCR
Addict
RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 x Sony 505, iPad, Samsung 7 Tablet, ASUS Transformer, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by readingaloud View Post
Do you find eBook reading more immersive than reading from paper? Does it make sense to you that the current crop of eBook readers seem to be optimized for reading things like novels?
I've noticed that when reading my Sony, I am less easily distracted than when reading a paper book. Maybe it is the screen that concentrates my attention; All you have is that minimalist design with only the next x lines of text there for you to read, no 300 other pages to browse through, no attractive cover or back cover to examine, no photographs, no bookmarks sticking out, nothing to heft or twist or bend or crinkle.

And yes, getting back to your point, I do find it to be a more linear experience.

Last edited by RCR; 01-05-2008 at 08:48 PM. Reason: added comment
RCR is offline   Reply With Quote