View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 05:50 PM   #20
doughayman
doughayman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
OK, sorry to be a pain here. I have inserted my 600x800 cover image into my .doc file, and saved it as a .htm file (Webfile, unfiltered), which I use as input to Calibre. I specify metadata in Calibre, not setting Calibre's cover image to anything, and generate my .mobi, from the .htm. The cover image now renders OK for all devices in Kindle Previewer, and my book's text renders great. I'm making some progress here..........

I still have 2 somewhat minor problems though:

1) On a physical iPhone (actually, an Ipod Touch), this 600x800 cover image only fills up about 80% of the display, height-wise (width is pretty good, with thin margins on either side). This is not the near-100% height that I was hoping for and have seen with other Kindle books. Am I doing something wrong here?

2) On the Kindle App for iPhone (again, Ipod Touch - same thing), the thumbnail cover image displayed for my book on my book list is maybe 60% of BOTH the height and width of other Kindle book thumbnail cover images on my list. If I'm adhering to the 600x800 cover image spec correctly, what am I doing wrong here?

Thanks again to all.

UPDATE: ALL RESOLVED - SEE NEXT POST

Last edited by doughayman; 03-04-2012 at 08:20 AM.
doughayman is offline   Reply With Quote