View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 02:50 PM   #11
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
Quote:
Most netbooks will run a desktop OS, perhaps slimmed down, but made for a mouse. iPad runs iPhone's OS, which has no mouse. Seems trivial, but turns out to be a big difference.
And that is why I went with the MBP 13 rather than the iPad, once Apple made clear what OS it would run. I needed OSX for Photoshop. I've talked to a few people excited about the iPad that haven't grasped the difference between the iPad/iPhone OS and a desktop OS.

Quote:
I'm thinking in a few years netbooks as they are today will be gone. We'll have slate type devices with detachable keyboards like that case. Portability when you want it, a keyboard and clamshell when you'd prefer that.
That clamshell case is pretty slick. I hope that is where tablets are going - it gives you the best of both worlds, when you need it.

And I hope that they'll be able to run robust photo-editing apps. The #1 reason I went notebook vs. waiting for the iPad is I need Photoshop's layer capabilities. So for me, my options are:

1. Apple to build layers into Aperture/iPhoto
2. Adobe to build Photoshop for the iPad OS
3. switch to a better paying career so I can afford a MBP AND an iPad
4. win an iPad

1 and 2 will happen when hell freezes over, and #3 isn't likely in this economy or my personal preferences. So I'm working option #4 - I'm entered in two iPad contests right now
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote