View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 12:25 PM   #6
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
Yeah, that's why I said I take it with a grain of salt. It's a bit too early to tell. I do believe the netbook market is becoming saturated, Asus announces a new model every other week. You don't see families buying more than one and I imagine everyone who wants one has one already. There is no way netbooks could maintain a 641% growth rate unless they gave one out in every box of cereal.

Personally, I'll say my netbook is collecting a lot of dust since I got my iPad. But everyone has different needs. My iPad with Apple's bluetooth wireless keyboard sure makes it feel like a netbook, and now there's at least one case coming to market to give the iPad a netbook type feel.

I'm thinking in a few years netbooks as they are today will be gone. We'll have slate type devices with detachable keyboards like that case. Portability when you want it, a keyboard and clamshell when you'd prefer that.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote