View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 11:53 AM   #2
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
I think it's reasonable to assume that some consumers waited to make a netbook purchase until the iPad was out. Anybody who paid any attention to Apple knew that something was in the works last fall. I know that I held off buying my 13" MacBook Pro until after the iPad specs were announced.

But that doesn't answer whether they CHOOSE the iPad over a netbook. At the iPad's price point, many potential-netbook buyers probably are still busy reading reviews and playing at the nearest Apple store.

The bigger question will be what happens to sales of all those devices in the next 3-6 months. If any drops off, then it is clear the iPad is cannabilizing certain product lines.
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote