Thread: Seriousness Debit Cards vs Credit Cards
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 06:34 AM   #13
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
I can only use my credit cards ONCE. Then the bank puts a 'warm hold' on my account stating 'unusual activity' as the reason. I have to call the bank's fraud department, confirm that yes, I did actually charge a purchase of a hotel room in Thailand or a dinner in Singapore. No matter how many times I tell them that most of my charges will be made in S.E. Asia, (and they do have that marked in my files,) they still put the hold on the card. This is great from a security standpoint. No one can use my cards to rack up big bills. But it's a major pain for me! I have to have half a dozen cards in my wallet when ever I go anywhere. The only card issuer that doesn't do this to me is AMEX but I can't use that in many remote locations.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote