View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 12:44 AM   #26
Snorkledorf
Blue. Not sad...just blue
Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ridibooks Paper Pro
I was worried about not being able to use Whispersync when attached to the "wrong" store. My plan is to eventually take the books I buy on Store A and (once liberated) send them as personal docs to Store B, otherwise keeping my device linked to Store B the rest of the time so I have Whispersync access to everything. We'll see how that works, though.

Oh, and I found one advantage to buying the Japanese 3G PW: price!
US: $199 converts to ¥16,370
Japan: ¥12,980 converts to $157.80
(Japan doesn't sell them with special offers, so that's the more-expensive US price)

So the worldwide 3G support effectively costs you an extra $41.20.

I think Amazon is pricing their new Japanese Kindles unusually cheap in a bid to jump-start the Japanese ebook market; even the WiFi PW is $22 cheaper than the same model in the US. And this in the market where the Sony PRS-T1 was literally twice the US price. Amazon is using its favorite tactic of undercutting the competition, methinks...
Snorkledorf is offline   Reply With Quote