View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 09:25 AM   #1
daesdaemar
Addict
daesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 3, iPad 3
line formatting formatting question

We are all aware of those pesky text documents that have a hard return/line break at the end of each line. Fortunately, there are usually two line breaks at the end of a paragraph so it is relatively easy to format out the line breaks at the end of each line and yet keep the paragraph structure.

Here's my problem:

I have a book in lit format that I converted to lrf in Calibre and the line breaks were scattered all over the place and it looked awful. I then converted the lit file with ConvertLit to html and then to text/rtf. There is a hard line break at the end of every single line, and there are not two breaks at the end of paragraphs. If I remove the line breaks I have a 400 page document with no structure at all.

I have also tried to convert in BookDesigner with the same problem -- no paragraph structure.

Any ideas?
daesdaemar is offline   Reply With Quote