Thread: MobileRead Discussion/Suggestion Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 07:46 AM   #65
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post

To take care of those possibilities, I'd suggest Tom use his tie-breaking abilities to make sure only two books are ever in the second poll. So, for example, if one book got the most votes and two (or more) tied for second, then Tom would "cast a vote" for one of those books in second place to break the tie. Or, if three (or more) books tied for first, then Tom would "cast a vote" for two of the tied books. That is a simple way to ensure we always have only two options for the final vote.

I don't like this idea.

I have no problem with the admin casting a (single) tie breaking vote. But, IMO, there should only be one vote per member. I don't see a problem with more then 2 books in the runoff vote.

Although... is this fair for the admin, he/she may never really get to vote for what they want?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote