View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 08:58 PM   #1
Plumfan
Plumfan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Amazon store card for Kindle purchases not allowed?

I finally got an Amazon credit card last December because I knew I would be buying a Kindle and I thought it would simplify purchases as well as help me monitor my book buying budget by only using the card for Amazon purchases, exclusively. I was having problems using it online for Kindle purchases, but I could get hard copy books with it, and Kindle books using whispernet. Today I ordered two books to be downloaded into my Kindle, the second appeared right away, but the first had a letter stating Sorry, there is a problem with your credit card on file. We were unable to charge your credit card for the following purchase, call customer service or go online.
The Kindle customer service person asked if it was a credit or debit card and when it expired. I stated, credit and the Amazon store card never expires. She stated she did not know how I was able to purchase 25 items with it, and I needed to put another card on file for all future Kindle purchases, but I could still use the Amazon card for other purchases. Has anyone had this problem? I really wanted the Amazon-dot-com card to be for all Amazon purchases. Thanks!
Plumfan is offline   Reply With Quote