View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 05:25 AM   #63
dpierron
calibre2opds guru
dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: iPhone, iPad, PRS-650
I agree that this is a bit off-topic.

To get back on (the topic) I found out that the Droid font family (used in the Google Android operating system) is now freely available (although quite a bit hard to find). It's a nice, very legible font, looks a bit like the lovely (but expensive) PMN Caecilia.

I prepared a tiny package that I share here with you, my fellow e-readers ; it contains the fonts that must be uploaded to the device (in a /fonts directory), and a droid.css file which content must be copy/pasted in Calibre settings (Set conversion defaults / Look and Feel / Override CSS).

Should anyone need help, please contact me...

Cheers,
David.

Last edited by dpierron; 06-17-2009 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Removed the bugged package
dpierron is offline   Reply With Quote