View Single Post
Old 12-04-2023, 04:43 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
For the most part, I find the ebook vendors (Amazon, Kobo, etc.) tend to be fairly consistent in their ebook summaries. Baen's summaries for ebooks from their site are supplied by Baen so hard to claim any inconsistency.

OTOH, quite a few ePubs do not have a consistent summary in the ePub as you download it. That is more a function of the publisher/vendor ebook creation work flow and may differ from what is on the vendor's website rather often.

And why would you want to match the print edition?

As for trusting or using? I use whichever one I find more useful when I download metadata as part of adding to my calibre library. As for trusting, an old Russian rhyming proverb: доверяй, но проверяй (doveryay, no proveryay) (English: trust but verify) applies.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote