View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 10:59 PM   #57
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Value for money? You call running scaled up phone apps "value"? The reason the iPad mini can sell at it's price is that it's an iPad...running the 345,000 "made for tablet" apps.

I thought the iPad Mini Retina would be my choice next time around. But a 1lb iPad? I'll have to go to the Apple Store and check it out first.

Unlike my phones, though, I have no incentive to upgrade my iPad every two years. So far my iPad 3 does everything I ask it to do. I like my wife's iPad mini even better for reading fiction. Very nice size and weight. Lack of retina screen not an issue for me.

In time I'm sure some apps will come out that require the 64bit A7 abilities and I may be enticed to upgrade.

Oh...and the only reason I feel the need to upgrade my 4S is that my contract is up and it costs me the same whether I upgrade or not. So I upgrade and let Sprint pay $450 of the cost of a new iPhone. The difference of which is almost entirely paid for by what I get when I sell my 4S. Other than that, I'd keep what I have.

My 5s is due to arrive tomorrow (crosses fingers!) Look forward to not having to type in a password every time I open the phone.
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote