View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 08:37 PM   #49
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
By the way, you were mentioning the Nexus 7? well... I gave you the numbers. 4.8 sold vs 10 million.
Totally irrelevant numbers, because I wasn't comparing previous generation models. My prediction is that the new Nexus 7 will beat the iPad mini Retina in sales because charging almost double the price compared to one's competitor is hardly sustainable. The future will tell whose prediction was correct. We can meet again in this thread in a year from today to reassess the situation.

Here is what I believe will happen... Android will steamroll over iOS among tablets, just as it already has among smartphones. There's a good article on that:

http://venturebeat.com/2013/08/01/an...e-languishes/#

Here's a particularly relevant passage; it talks about smartphones, but I believe that after today, it will also be increasingly relevant for tablets:

Quote:
Android has captured the global smartphone market for the foreseeable future, and Apple has frittered away a massive lead in technology and user experience by keeping its nose in the air and refusing to do what it takes to satisfy more than a small slice of the market.

Which ultimately harms consumers, who don’t get a chance to experience iOS and Apple products at a price level they can afford, and harms Apple, which is still making money but, absent a miracle of the scope of iPhone’s original introduction, is quickly subsiding into yesterday’s story.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote