View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 08:21 PM   #48
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
You seem to be cherry-picking a subset of data there, jocampo.

Again: I was talking about the overall trend among tablets. Not about a single model, not about a single manufacturer.

I'm talking about iOS-based tablets versus Android-based tablets. Total dominance of iOS-based tablets only a couple of years ago. Today, there are already more Android-based than iOS-based tablets sold. By overpricing iPad mini Retina (as well as the two outdated models), Apple has now apparently reinforced this shift towards Android as the primary platform for tablets. Not today, but likely in (possibly near) future.
Sure, Apple's market share is smaller but it's not like their sales are going down. It's just the market that's getting bigger (no doubt at the expense of PC's and laptops). Android tablets may have greater market share but in terms of profit, how much are the manufacturers making from those tablets? I'm guessing the biggest tablet sellers are in the $200 or less category. I reckon Apple makes around $120 minimum for each iPad and that's just for the lower end models. For the iPad 2 and higher, I'm guessing at least $200 profit.

While Apple might not sell as many devices as other manufacturers, I reckon they're probably still making a lot more money. The question is if Apple can keep itself relevant in the luxury category. If they can do that then they'll be fine.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote