View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 08:04 PM   #47
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
You seem to be cherry-picking a subset of data there, jocampo.

Again: I was talking about the overall trend among tablets. Not about a single model, not about a single manufacturer.

I'm talking about iOS-based tablets versus Android-based tablets. Total dominance of iOS-based tablets only a couple of years ago. Today, there are already more Android-based than iOS-based tablets sold. By overpricing iPad mini Retina (as well as the two outdated models), Apple has now apparently reinforced this shift towards Android as the primary platform for tablets. Not today, but likely in (possibly near) future.
I know exactly what you were talking about and that's why replied my post that way. Because again, Android is a fragmented Os. You are referring to tons of companies and manufacturers which are different and separate entities each.

And I do not think an iPad mini is over priced but you can revise my post in a few months and tell me if they did not sell well or what. But like I said on my previous post, 10 million minis sold tells you that it is the right price for a lot of people. Not for you, maybe, but it does for 10 million people out there.

It's just absurd seeing people comparing any Chinese tablet outhere shipped with Android and in a gazillion sizes and shapes, vs one only company and two specific type. It does not make sense at all.

By the way, you were mentioning the Nexus 7? well... I gave you the numbers. 4.8 sold vs 10 million.

Last edited by jocampo; 10-22-2013 at 08:10 PM.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote