View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 03:57 PM   #35
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Jellby:

I respect you immeasurably, as you know; but seriously, if they're not underscored, how will anyone know that a link is a link?
What I mean is that readers (the human kind) should be expecting key elements in ebooks to be active (as links or whatever), underlined or not. And, of course, ebook creators should make them active.

If I'm reading an ebook, I certainly expect items in a TOC to be links to their appropriate sections, as well as anything that looks like a footnote, and even mentions to other parts of the book (references to chapters, equations, tables, or, why not, just "later on" and "above"). I will try to "click" on them and will be disappointed if they do nothing.

In my opinion, there's often no need to know where every possible link is. It's just enough if, whenever the users wants a link to be there, it is, and it works.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote