View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 09:52 PM   #157
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harper Kingsley View Post
@MetalMick: I tried Liquid Story Binder off of your suggestion, but I don't think it was for me. I'm a very straightforward writer and I can never remember the commands for anything that's too difficult. I have a hard time retaining instructions for anything that's too intensive, so I would have to stop all the time and really think to remember the commands I want to do and that would knock me out of the groove.

That said, I really liked the typewriter function. It makes me wish that Scrivener had it. I know I could probably get some free typewriter program, but it would be a separate program. It's nice to have all the things I need in one place.

I think Liquid Story Binder is for someone that's very graphic intensive. Practically every part of it asks for images. So if you're a visual person, you might really like it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Mick View Post
Hi Harper, et al,

I readily acknowledge that LSB is not for everybody, and applications like WritItNow (which puts an enormous amount of creativity and help at a user's fingertips) and WriteWay have little or no learning curve You could argue that this is the way things should be, and I won't disagree with you.

We are all different, and what works for one may not work for another. Writer's Cafe got a big rap from the reviewers, but it left me cold.

I am still evaluating LSB, not having bought a licence as yet, so we'll see if I persist with it.

Cheers,
I am quite visual, and I am now convinced to try it when I get a chance.
Thanks.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote