View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 10:08 AM   #28
Arithonne
Arithonne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arithonne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arithonne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arithonne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arithonne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arithonne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arithonne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arithonne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arithonne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arithonne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arithonne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Kobo Glo
The price difference can't entirely be accounted for by taxes, as it's unevenly applied, and does not reflect the actual tax rate I would have to pay for the book.

Example: The Racketeer by John Grisham
amazon.com - country USA - $12.99 USD
amazon.com - country CAN - $16.32 USD (1.167x the .ca price)
amazon.ca - country CAN - $13.99 CAD

Example: Skirmish by Michelle West
amazon.com - country USA - $12.99 USD
amazon.com - country CAN - $16.61 USD (1.187x the .ca price)
amazon.ca - country CAN - $13.99 CAD

Meanwhile, Kobo or Sony will charge me 13.99 plus tax (5%), or 14.69 for either book. I didn't actually attempt to checkout on the kindle .com version, so the tax may be adjusted at time of purchase, as opposed to charging some random rate that may be accounted for by "tax."
Arithonne is offline   Reply With Quote