View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 12:06 PM   #25
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It's perhaps worth noting that the page-turn in iBooks is more than just needless animation; it's actually a "live" page image, so to speak. You can partially turn the page back and read what's at the bottom of the previous page. That can be very useful on occasions. Just like lifting the corner of a physical page to read what's underneath.
It's also worth noting that that is exactly what is described in Microsoft's patent application, filed at least 18 months before Apple's, but not yet granted.

It isn't mentioned in Apple's own patent, which as I've shown above, doesn't even match what their iBooks animation actually does.

I find the US patent system most peculiar.

Edit: I should add that I expect there's plenty of prior art to invalidate the Microsoft patent as well, which may be why it's still pending. I just find it odd that the Apple one was granted.

Graham

Last edited by Graham; 11-19-2012 at 12:09 PM.
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote