View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 08:55 PM   #46
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
I hope not!
1.9.5 to 1.9.9 was 5 releases in 1 month.

I don't have a date for 1.9.10

1.9.11 to 1.9.16 was approx 1 release per month.

1.9.16 to 1.9.17 was approx 3 months.

1.9.17 to 2.0.0 was approx 4 months, but this was major functionality add (Japan)

2.0.0 to now is 2 months, but 2 1/2 to 3 months to the expected release of the new devices and new firmware.

It looks like Kobo is settling down to a quarterly release schedule. While this isn't bad on the surface, it would be better if they faced the reality on their poor testing processes, and went to a quarterly release schedule that saw new functionality coming out quarterly, with a subsequent quick releases (1 day to 1 month later) to fix the bugs in the release.

After all, the basic purpose of the Touch is to allow people to read ebooks. At least, that's the consumer's viewpoint of the purpose, I'm sure Kobo's viewpoint is slightly different.

It's also interesting to note that the releases that took more than one month to produce are the ones that had immediate issues on release and had to be re-released on an emergency basis.

Last edited by murg; 09-15-2012 at 08:58 PM.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote