View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 02:28 PM   #1
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Harry Potter eBooks to be officially sold

Yes it looks like pigs are flying today. JK Rowling in association with her publisher and Overdrive have announced that they will be selling ebook versions of the Harry Potter series.

This seems to be a direct reversal of Rowling's previous statements about how an ebook isn't a "real" book and she wanted people to experience her books in paper.

Well, this quote from Rowling seems to totally contravene that statement:

Quote:
It is my view that you can’t hold back progress. I love printed paper . . . This year for the first time I have downloaded e-books and it’s miraculous . . . I feel good about bringing it into this world.
The ebooks will be sold exclusively on the new "Pottermore" web site and be available in formats for various readers including Kindle. I expect that Overdrive's work with Amazon on library books is what will allow them to provide DRMed content for Kindles.

The ebooks are said to be available starting in October 2011.

@via teleread:

http://www.teleread.com/paul-biba/ha...-by-overdrive/

BOb

Last edited by pilotbob; 06-23-2011 at 02:36 PM.
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote