View Single Post
Old 03-06-2008, 09:55 AM   #49
Gudy
Wizard
Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux (623)
Quote:
Originally Posted by reycat View Post
Does your V3 take 5, 10 or even 15 seconds in opening a FB2 book? And does it take about 1 or 2 seconds before flashing and changing the page?
I've definitely noticed the former, but not the latter. But then, I haven't paid a whole lot of attention to that.

I imagine what happens in the time it takes to open an FB2 file is that the application goes through the whole file and formats it in order to determine the number of pages in the book at the current font settings. Playing around with those, as well as the zoom levels, might give more of an idea.

I'll check this out a bit when I'm home tonight.

It turns out that opening one particular FB2 book from the book shelf took just shy of 10 seconds from the button click until the last read page appears on the screen. Reformatting the same book after a font change took a bit less than 5 seconds. This leaves 5 seconds for the software to open the zip on the SD card, extract and load the file, and go to the last visited page. Which, on reflection, seems a bit much.

Going to the next page in this book took about 2 seconds from the button click until the new page was displayed. The larger part of this was spent doing whatever before the screen flip, so this is not a problem with the actual screen being slow.

Halving those numbers would be nice.

Last edited by Gudy; 03-06-2008 at 01:21 PM.
Gudy is offline   Reply With Quote